« Home | Me Me Me » | Ooops...My Bad » | Omit This! » | Halfway between the gutter and the stars » | I Love Potato Chips Too Much » | Uncle Spiderman had it right. » | Can Do » | From Your Love I Grew Into Complete And Whole » | You Snooze You Lose! » | Aren’t You Lucky… » 

Saturday, May 07, 2005 

Oh, I Nelgected to Tell You...

I’d like to justify myself by saying that all the things that were mentioned earlier this week…about not helping people when we should have, or not doing all that we know we should…are not really sins of omission.

A sin of omission…..wait…I just Googled “sin of omission” and it pretty much came up with everything you guys talked about earlier this week.

Crap. I got nothing.

I think you should have told us what your impressions of "Sins of Omission" was before you went and Googled it.

I'm interested.

Did you think it had something to do with "bodily functions"? :) Now I'm curious, too!

I'm a little disappointed at the nonchalance displayed over the sins of omissions topic. (No one specifically, just as a whole) I think that maybe sins of omission have to do with our RELATIONSHIP with God our Father. Maybe He wants us to keep in touch. Maybe He likes it when we appologize for something we've done wrong. Maybe He likes it when we read His words for us through the scriptures. If you ask me, all the things that we don't do, or "sins of omission" are the same whether it's with our relationship to God, to our spouse, to our best friend, or our own mother...if we just get lazy about the relationship, it suffers. I personally choose to wrestle with it and hope to improve my relationship with God.

Post a Comment

This Week's Topic:

  • The Sabbath Day

Various Authors

  • Monday:
    Kaycee opted out of Mormondom 4 years ago. She calls herself agnostic.
  • Tuesday:
    Sarah is not your average Gospel Doctrine Teacher.
  • Wednesday:
    Carrie Ann comes from pioneer stock, and lives in Provo, but is open minded and fair.
  • Thursday:
    Ned Flanders hasn't been to church in a while, but maintains an interest in all things Mormon.
  • Friday:
    John C. is an academic with a sense of humor and a testimony.
  • Saturday:
    JP's not going to church and feeling okay about it.

Various Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates