« Home | Why Michael McLean's Songs Make Me Nuts » | Bishop Boot Camp » | You Must Be Stonger Than Me » | Read Doctrine and Covenants 121 » | burn down the disco » | Sorry I am late, I did not realize it was friday! » | I Just Can't Get Enough » | No Rythym for Your Big Bootie » | You've Got The Music In You » | Danke Schoen » 

Friday, June 10, 2005 

My Final Post

This is my final post on VSOM, due to time constraints, work requirements, the new condo, and personal items, I am ending my time at VSOM, and as a blogger in general. I have enjoyed my time here, I love sharing my testimony of the gospel, and the church. I love the church and the truths it teaches. I love the fact that it takes imperfect people and shows them how to become perfect. Many people are called into leadership positions every week in the church. These people are imperfect, they are going to say things and do things that not everyone will agree with it. The funny thing about it is that I say things and do things that people would not agree with. If I find fault with something that someone says that is in a leadership position I think it is important that the first thing I ask myself is if I am finding fault with this person on a personal level, or am I genuinely concerned with their words or actions. If it’s a personal deal, then I force myself to rise above a petty squabble, and move on with my life. It’s like the burr under the horse’s saddle, if it stays there, it will rub and rub until it becomes an irritation that is unbearable. I heard a great man in my ward once tell the story of several people who had found fault with some things he had said while in a leadership position, and had left the church because of this grudge. I have known this man my whole life. Never have I felt the spirit of the Lord stronger then when in his classes. I remember thinking at the time how sad it was that these people had taken offense to something this spiritual giant had said. I do not know what was said, and maybe it truly was offensive. But how sad that these people gave up the greatest blessing they could have in their lives, all to suffer a little bit of pride. If I find true fault in something a priesthood leader says or does, I hope I am smart enough to share my feelings with the person, and try to resolve it, instead of taking the easy way out that so may people do in the church. Once again I say that the church is perfect, the members are not, that’s why we are members, to become perfect. I love the scripture in Matthew about seeing the beam in your own eye before worrying about the mote in my brother’s eye. I have so many things to worry about in my own life, and in the life’s of those around me that I love, that I do not want to waste my time looking for chances to “take fault” in a priesthood leader. The time and effort that these people put into their callings is incredible, how can I fault them for trying.

That’s all I have to say on the matter, and so I end my time here at VSOM. I love you all, and wish for the best for you. I hope and pray for those of you who have left the church, and I pray for those who are not members. I pray that you will have the desire to seek the TRUE happiness that the gospel brings. There are so many things here on this earth to distract us from the simple plan of the gospel, the simple plan to teach us who we are, where we came from and where we are going. God lives, and loves us, and if you are afraid of such a though, then all you have to do is pray and ask, you will get an answer.

And now I leave with the words my grandma said to me every time I left her house before she passed away, “Be Good” and I add, Be Happy!

I'll miss you, Cameron.

Sandy

ditto, Cam...we'll all miss you.

But especially my sister who think that you are the brains of this operation. (And by that I mean "spiritual brains" mind you.) She thinks you bring everything together at the end of the week.

We're actively seeking help for her sanity, though...just to let you know.

Good luck blogging brother. You will be missed.

Bless your heart, you've my best wishes.

Ah... Cameron. So sad to see you go. Hope to see you at your own personal blog often.

Much love to you.

Post a Comment

This Week's Topic:

  • The Sabbath Day

Various Authors

  • Monday:
    Kaycee opted out of Mormondom 4 years ago. She calls herself agnostic.
  • Tuesday:
    Sarah is not your average Gospel Doctrine Teacher.
  • Wednesday:
    Carrie Ann comes from pioneer stock, and lives in Provo, but is open minded and fair.
  • Thursday:
    Ned Flanders hasn't been to church in a while, but maintains an interest in all things Mormon.
  • Friday:
    John C. is an academic with a sense of humor and a testimony.
  • Saturday:
    JP's not going to church and feeling okay about it.

Various Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates