« Home | What the Heck Do We Know? » | It Took A Long Time To Become You » | I Am Not a Monkey...Although My Husband Begs to Di... » | singing is torture » | One voice » | Sing….Sing a Song » | Ignorance is Music to My Ears » | Sing It Loud, Sing It Strong » | I've Got the Chutzpah...But Not the Talent » | that's why they call it money » 

Thursday, July 14, 2005 

More On What We Don't Know

It would appear that this week’s them is not so much about Creationism or Evolution. No, I would have to say that this week’s topic covers a lot of “I DON’T KNOW.” And I’m really not sure that I will change that theme.

My opinion (or belief) of the topic is simple. I do believe that God created this earth. I also believe that the earth today is not exactly the same earth that was first created. I would even go as far to say that this world has EVOLVED. The specifics of it all are totally lost on me. But let’s face it, I’m an accountant…not a scientist.

When I was younger, I thought A LOT about the creation of this earth. Me and my friend Jaimee would get into these DEEP topics of life…of how this earth came to be…how Heavenly Father “came to be” (if you will) and other such mind boggling topics that only two 12 year olds could completely confuse themselves with. I often wondered if the creation of this earth was a trial and error type of thing. That Heavenly Father might’ve had the drawing board of what humans should look like…and then changed his mind…and then maybe created them to evolve to see what worked best. But again, I do not know the answer to any of these questions. It’s just something that people think about…it keeps the mind boggled for sure.

I am a curious person by nature and so these Unsolved Mysteries keep my interest…because there is a part of me that wants to know. I’m not going to lose sleep over it. I’m not going to spend hours of each day researching the topic looking for the slightest of answers because I’ll learn the answers in full someday. I’m pretty content with that.

Just think: if Hillary Duff had been in your life when you were 12, you wouldn't have pondered the world's creation with such depth.

There's a book called Science and Mormonism which is a very good exploration of this topic.

I've realized now how incomplete my adolesence was without Hillary Duff. How on earth did I survive???

Post a Comment

This Week's Topic:

  • The Sabbath Day

Various Authors

  • Monday:
    Kaycee opted out of Mormondom 4 years ago. She calls herself agnostic.
  • Tuesday:
    Sarah is not your average Gospel Doctrine Teacher.
  • Wednesday:
    Carrie Ann comes from pioneer stock, and lives in Provo, but is open minded and fair.
  • Thursday:
    Ned Flanders hasn't been to church in a while, but maintains an interest in all things Mormon.
  • Friday:
    John C. is an academic with a sense of humor and a testimony.
  • Saturday:
    JP's not going to church and feeling okay about it.

Various Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates