« Home | Ignorance is Music to My Ears » | Sing It Loud, Sing It Strong » | I've Got the Chutzpah...But Not the Talent » | that's why they call it money » | These are the yokes, folks » | Do The Math » | Your 10% Tithe at Work » | To Tithe or Not to Tithe... » | Why can’t I be you? » | The Tool » 

Thursday, July 07, 2005 

Sing….Sing a Song

You know…I’ve been trying to write this all morning. Yes…I should’ve started earlier, but what can I say? Only that I DID NOT start earlier. But here’s the thing: I can’t think much about singing while I’m sick to my stomach with worry.

Two people that I care about (plus their families) travel the paths in London that were hit with hatred and destruction this morning. I’m not sure if they are okay. I’m not sure when I will know. My friend Erin and her husband recently moved back to London from Germany and are staying with her in-laws. Our friend Aidan commutes by bus and tube everyday to get to work. I pray for their safety and also for all the people who’ve been affected.

I also pray that we all can find something to sing about. And as cheesy at it is…the Carpenters (and Sesame Street) had some damn good advice:

Sing, sing a song
Sing out loud
Sing out strong
Sing of good things, not bad
Sing of happy, not sad.
Sing, sing a song
Make it simple
To last your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not good enough
for anyone else to hear
Just sing, sing a song.

I understand if you all hate me now…I’ve accepted this. I’ve come to terms with this. I’ve even laughed a little at many of you having this song stuck in your head. But it was necessary.

Next week I promise not to post any more cheesy songs that will probably get stuck in your head.

I hope your friends are okay. I love love love that song:-D

JC

Dude...

Jesus Christ just wished that your friends were okay. That is so cool.

lol...

I totally had to read that 3 times and then read the 1st comment to get that.

I hope Aiden and your friends are OK. Let us know...

i DO get that song stuck in my head. I think of Crystal Gail singing it on Seasame Street...

Post a Comment

This Week's Topic:

  • The Sabbath Day

Various Authors

  • Monday:
    Kaycee opted out of Mormondom 4 years ago. She calls herself agnostic.
  • Tuesday:
    Sarah is not your average Gospel Doctrine Teacher.
  • Wednesday:
    Carrie Ann comes from pioneer stock, and lives in Provo, but is open minded and fair.
  • Thursday:
    Ned Flanders hasn't been to church in a while, but maintains an interest in all things Mormon.
  • Friday:
    John C. is an academic with a sense of humor and a testimony.
  • Saturday:
    JP's not going to church and feeling okay about it.

Various Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates