« Home | It Took A Long Time To Become You » | I Am Not a Monkey...Although My Husband Begs to Di... » | singing is torture » | One voice » | Sing….Sing a Song » | Ignorance is Music to My Ears » | Sing It Loud, Sing It Strong » | I've Got the Chutzpah...But Not the Talent » | that's why they call it money » | These are the yokes, folks » 

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 

What the Heck Do We Know?

I always respected the Agnostics. Strict Creationists (believing that the world and everything in it was created in EXACTLY 6 days) drove me crazy because scientific evidence disproved them. Anyone who said they "believed" in evolution drove me nuts, too. Evolution is just a scientific theory, not a belief system. I used to like the view that Carrie Ann explained-a God-planned evolution.

These days I'm most comfortable admitting that I just don't know. I can't figure out how life got created out of non-life. I can't figure out how to reconcile evolution with creation. I just say that I don't know.

And really... what's wrong with not knowing? Is knowing how the human life came to be going to affect anything I do or the way I think? Probably not. I still have the same life, either way. Absolutely nothing in my day to day life or my long term goals is going to change if I suddenly learn with certainty that I'm the super-great-granddaughter of a primate or if God's existance and role in the creation of Earth is proved to me absolutely.

Frankly... I just don't need to know.

I, too, am comfortable with admitting that I simply do not know but I guess my curiosity gets the better of me 'cause there is a piece of me that does WANT to know...

I don't think me wanting to know changes my life...just makes me that much more curious about things.

I feel the same...I have faith that it will all be explained someday, so really I'm not that worried about it. I don't feel that it has much to do with my eternal progression having to have it all figured out right this moment...in other words...I don't know either.

Post a Comment

This Week's Topic:

  • The Sabbath Day

Various Authors

  • Monday:
    Kaycee opted out of Mormondom 4 years ago. She calls herself agnostic.
  • Tuesday:
    Sarah is not your average Gospel Doctrine Teacher.
  • Wednesday:
    Carrie Ann comes from pioneer stock, and lives in Provo, but is open minded and fair.
  • Thursday:
    Ned Flanders hasn't been to church in a while, but maintains an interest in all things Mormon.
  • Friday:
    John C. is an academic with a sense of humor and a testimony.
  • Saturday:
    JP's not going to church and feeling okay about it.

Various Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates