« Home | Foreordination and Agency Don't Mix » | The Circle Of Our Love » | Foreordination: is it fair? » | Cemetery Gates » | Veiled Speech » | Sometimes It's Okay Not to Have All the Answers » | What the %*@# Do I Know? » | This Is Not The End » | Until Death Do Us Part…Not » | Barbarism Begins at Home » 

Thursday, September 22, 2005 

I Like the Simple Explanations

I've had the day from HELL. Not that you necessarily care but it certainly got me thinking about this week's topic. OH...that and it' s reason that I'm so incredibly late in posting.

I believe that the very reason we are all on this earth is because of choice. Everyone has choices in their life and I believe that our choices ultimately make us who we are. I still think that we have our free will to choose...but I also think that God has plans for us all. A PLAN for what he thinks we should become or accomplish. Some may be more specific than others...but who knows.

I've used this example before, but it fits here too:

Every day I plan out what I need to do in my planner. I have a PLAN of how I want my day to go and what I want to accomplish. I don't need to tell you that my plan does not always work how I had planned. I make choices that my get me off track...and others in my life make choices that could affect how I carry out my plans. There are potentially many obstacles that get in the way of my plans. But the PLAN is still there. Could it be that our lives just have a plan they follow? That somehow Heavenly Father knows our fullest potential and has a plan for what we would or will become?

Maybe I have a naive way of looking at foreordination, but I just don't think that our free agency would be comprimised to carry out a specific plan. Jesus Christ had a very specific plan on this earth. He was sent to this earth for such a reason, it boggles the mind. And even thoughh his life was part of Heavenly Father's plan...he still had his agency to choose the path to follow.

This is how I see it. It just makes sense to me.

This Week's Topic:

  • The Sabbath Day

Various Authors

  • Monday:
    Kaycee opted out of Mormondom 4 years ago. She calls herself agnostic.
  • Tuesday:
    Sarah is not your average Gospel Doctrine Teacher.
  • Wednesday:
    Carrie Ann comes from pioneer stock, and lives in Provo, but is open minded and fair.
  • Thursday:
    Ned Flanders hasn't been to church in a while, but maintains an interest in all things Mormon.
  • Friday:
    John C. is an academic with a sense of humor and a testimony.
  • Saturday:
    JP's not going to church and feeling okay about it.

Various Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates