« Home | No Temple for Me, Thanks, Though » | I Love To See The Temple » | Temples: It’s Not Sacrament Meeting! » | I had friends from school who’s parents were divor... » | Rebecca's* Story » | D-I-V-O-R-C-E » | You could meet somebody who really loves you... » | Put on your red shoes and dance the blues » | I Could Have Danced All Night » | Ritualistic Torture » 

Thursday, November 10, 2005 

For the Temple is a Holy Place

I grew up always believing that I would be married in the temple. Of course, I grew up believing a lot of things. Now I’m not sure I could explain what I believe because I’m just not sure myself. I guess you could say that I still have some sort of belief of the ideal of the temple, but I just don’t know if that makes any sense.

My memories of the temple go as far back as to when my sisters and I were sealed to my parents. I was quite little, but can somehow remember looking all around and seeing my mom and dad and various other “familiar” people around them. I also remember the “old guy with white hair” that must’ve been conducting the sealing. Of everything in that memory, I remember the joy so visible on my parents’ faces. Joy that must’ve come from knowing that we were being sealed as a family for time and all eternity. I believe in that joy.

I feel at this point in my life, there is no way that I could fully understand all that goes on inside the temple. Almost as though it is WAY too much for me to handle. Not being an active member of the church, this is quite understandable. To be perfectly honest, there are so many aspects of it that I really do find mysterious and maybe even a little, um…weird? Having been “away” from the church for so many years, I suppose that my belief or the ideal that I have of the temple is really so far removed that it is hard to put it into words.

In my memories, the temple is a beautiful, joyful, peaceful place. I like that.

This Week's Topic:

  • The Sabbath Day

Various Authors

  • Monday:
    Kaycee opted out of Mormondom 4 years ago. She calls herself agnostic.
  • Tuesday:
    Sarah is not your average Gospel Doctrine Teacher.
  • Wednesday:
    Carrie Ann comes from pioneer stock, and lives in Provo, but is open minded and fair.
  • Thursday:
    Ned Flanders hasn't been to church in a while, but maintains an interest in all things Mormon.
  • Friday:
    John C. is an academic with a sense of humor and a testimony.
  • Saturday:
    JP's not going to church and feeling okay about it.

Various Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates